Timberline Sharpener Summary
Makes sharpening your chainsaw much easier and more precise. The Timberline Chainsaw Sharpener lets you sharpen your chain on the job. Allowing you to work faster, smarter.
The tool comes with everything you need to sharpen your saw.
Durable carry case with shoulder strap and belt loop included. One carbide cutter included. Additional carbide cutters are interchangeable and may be purchased separately.
Timberline Chainsaw Sharpener can be used on virtually all chainsaws. Most chains come in 3 standard sizes. Typically, chain size is relative to saw size. Larger more powerful saws use large chain and will be sharpened with large carbides while smaller saws use small chain and will be sharpened with small carbides. If you don’t know what chain your saw has look on the bar for the indicated chain size (pitch).
Sizing– Determined by chain pitch. Typically labeled on the chain saw bar near the motor. This number will be .404, 3/8, .325, 3/8p, or 1/4. Most chains are classified 3/8 or .325 However, if you have a 3/8 check if it is a large or small version.
- .404″ pitch chain = Large 7/32″
- 3/8″ pitch chain = Large 7/32″
- “Stihl” Brand 3/8″ pitch chain = Large/Medium 13/64″
- .325″ pitch chain = Medium 3/16″
- 3/8″ P or Picco, low profile, micro = Small 5/32″
- 1/4″ pitch chain = Extra Small 1/8″
7/32″ = 5.5 mm
13/64″ = 5.2 mm
3/16″ = 4.8 mm
5/32″ = 4.0 mm
1/8″ = 3.2 mm
Carbides will last a minimum of 40+ Sharpenings, longer with careful use. See tips and tricks page.
- International orders my have extra import duties required on delivery:
- Tool Weight: 0.95 lbs. (15.25oz)
- Australian/New Zealand customers may order direct through our distributor at www.peerlessproducts.com.au Ireland customers may order through www.biomassboilerproducts.com: