Timberline Chainsaw Sharpener
Timberline Chainsaw Sharpener Summary
Timberline Chainsaw Sharpener can be used on virtually all chainsaws. Most chains come in 3 standard sizes. Typically, chain size is relative to saw size. Larger more powerful saws use large chain while smaller saws use small chain. If you don’t know what chain your saw has look on the bar for the indicated chain size (pitch). The 3 most common pitch sizes are listed below with the related carbide size.
This pitch size will be .404, 3/8, .325, or 3/8P
- 3/8″ and .404″ pitch chain = Large 7/32″
- 3/8″ Stihl chain; slightly smaller = Large 13/64″
- .325″ pitch chain = Medium 3/16″
- 3/8″ P or Picco, low profile, micro and 1/4″ pitch = Small 5/32″
7/32″ = 5.5 mm
13/64″ = 5.0 mm
3/16″ = 4.8 mm
5/32″ = 4.0 mm
Carbides will last a minimum of 40+ Sharpenings, longer with careful use. See tips and tricks page.
- International orders my have extra import duties required on delivery:
- Tool Weight: 0.95 lbs. (15.25oz)
- Australian/New Zealand customers may order direct through our distributor at www.peerlessproducts.com.au Ireland customers may order through www.biomassboilerproducts.com: